Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Wiz

Alright, so this entry may be a little quick but try to keep up. I know you can.

The other day (today), I was lamenting about the fact all my friends seem to be moving on with their lives. They're living it. Growing up, facing the world, etc etc. I sometimes don't even want to talk to these people because it's almost as if they're flaunting the fact that they have moved on to bigger things.

However, I am a man of reason with reasonable thoughts. (Sometimes.) So, I directed my over-analytical thought processes at myself and here's what I got: I'm the Scarecrow of The Wizard of OZ.

In the movie, The Wizard of Oz, (and I'm not going to give a synopsis) the Scarecrow wants a brain to have deeper thoughts. The cool part about this is, the fact he wants a deeper thought and realizes that deeper thoughts are a possibility is a deeper thought. He asks Dorothy to help him down and then tells her how to get him down, therefore, deeper thoughts are already happening.

The same goes for the Tinman. He feels the need to feel. Therefore, he has feeling and emotion. In fact, when they meet the Lion, he is full of emotion in shaking with fear.

My very quick and well-thought-out point is this: Maybe I am moving forward as well. Maybe I'm not so immobile. I mean, I'm in college. I have a major. I know that I want to help people. What else do I need at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment