Saturday, January 16, 2010

General Rants and Raves

There I was driving, and I get cut off. What the hell? I hate getting cut off because I have what they call "road rage." Arkansas people do not, I repeat, do not know how to drive. At all. They don't understand the "zipper" either. It's when you're merging, one car lets one car in. Then someone that doesn't understand will just come right in... I'm not the traffic Jesus. I don't just give love. And the fast lane is made for people going fast. Making sense?

Speaking of road rage... everyone has road rage. If they say they don't, they're lying. Driving turns the sweetest person in the world into a maniac. It's true. Don't debate it.

Speaking of stupid... The other day, an 8-year-old is stopped by TSA and patted down because his name is the same as a suspected terrorist. What's even worse is that he was first patted down at the age of two. This family went to the Bahamas and almost wasn't let back in the country because of their son's name. And it's not like Mohammad or Habib or something foreign and terroristy. It's Mike Higgins or something like that. Another thing, I'm tired of all this "Let's stop terrorists without being racist." Hell with that. 80-year-old women don't need patting down. I mean, I'm not expert but I'd pick the guy that's Arabic. That's what Norway does. Why not America? We're just as awesome.

Another thing I want to rant on: The Big Mac Wrap. What is that? It's some BS attempt to make people feel better about eating something that will give them fatness. It's not the bun that will make you large, nor anything else on it. It's eating more and more of them. At least the bun will make you full. So, you'll eat more in the end. The commercials show you that cool, muscled guy eating the wrap. Guys don't eat wraps! What?! No...

Coke and Pepsi. Pepsi and Coke. Not interchangeable.

"What would you like to drink?"

"Coke."

"Pepsi ok?"

"...I guess. Foreign money ok?"

Nobody likes Pepsi. It's a common fact! They taste completely different. That's like not having blood for a blood transfusion, and they say, "Will Pepsi be ok?" No, it will not be ok...

Since I'm on a roll and I haven't posted in a bit... Old guys making action movies is getting... old. Russel Crowe(not that I'm complaining), Dennis Quaid, Mel Gipson(I am complaining), John Travolta, and Tom Cruise. They're all making these movies that they made when they were like mid-20s. It's kind of embarrassing. Give it up. It's sad.

Speaking of movies... As a theater major, I have seen, read, analyzed plays. Quite a few of them and I've realized more and more that movies suck. Comedy, for instance, is so downgraded that, they just show boobies and show guys doing stuff drunk. Slap-stick is making a comeback. "Let's hit somebody and watch a fat guy fall! Hahaha..." Dance movies are the worst. They're either about a couple getting together when one of them is rich and the other is poor, or about someone moving to a new place, not fitting in until he, or she, starts a dance team and wins a competition.

One last thing. I'm tire of different sports being confused with other types, so I've come up with three divisions. (The very fact that I've analyzed this means I don't play. hehe)

1) Competition Sports: Like football and soccer, etc. To play, you have to have another team or person to play.

2) Exhibition Sports: You show off skills and judges watch you. Cheerleading, dance, BMX, etc.

3) Hunting: Actually, I'm joking. This isn't a sport. It's like the Cowboys playing a 3rd grade flag-football team that don't realize they're playing. They're on "recess" picking flowers when WHAM, the Cowboys tackle them and make a touchdown. I could, maybe, understand if you tracked the deer, but hunters sit in an elevated stand, cover themselves in "Sexy Deer Cologne" and put deer food out. This deer thinks there's a buffet with a hot waitress, and he gets a bullet to the face. I think I could consider this a sport if the hunter was in a loin cloth with a bowie knife tracking down the deer. But they're invisible! All camouflaged out! Woo-hoo. You pulled a trigger. Wanna trophy? Yay, you can do what Christopher Reeves could do.

1 comment: