Monday, February 14, 2011

No Right Way

Do you ever think that there is no "right" way? No correct path? No proper order of things? Well, I think I may have done what is right for me for the first time in a long time, but I think I may have crushed someone's spirit. I did what I thought was right and just. That's the correct path, right?

Predicament: I think that sometimes in our lives, what is right for us is not always right. I had issues with someone. They were treating me badly, or at least what I perceived as bad, and I told them exactly how I felt about how they treated me.

I used to be one of those people who would review situations in which someone was rude or pretentious and go through the possibilities of what I could have said to really put them in their place. For once, I told someone exactly what I thought about them right when I wanted to say it, and I hated it. I don't know which is better. To review what you could have said when you wanted to say it, or actually doing it.

I hate myself right now. I honestly could say that the relationship was salvageable before now. Now, I don't think it's possible. If I could take it back, I would. This person is rude and pretentious at times, but they didn't deserve the cut-down I gave them. I said a lot of things that I had no place to say. I guess I figured I was on a roll. I don't think I'll continue using this "back bone." It just makes me feel bad when I use it.

Lesson:
Think what you say before you say it. Simple, I know. But evermore prevalent.

No comments:

Post a Comment