Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Exhaustion.

So, I have been sick. Pretty sick. Everyday for the past 4 days, I've woken up to no voice. On top of that, I have no time to rest and I can't afford to skip class. I'm in a very serious catch-22 here. After class, I go to the theatre, where I stay until 10-10:15. Then, I come back to my room to do homework until about 1. I go to sleep, wake up, and do it over again. No rest. No gym. No way to escape. On top of all that, I'm hungry. So, I go to eat Caddo. FYI: Caddo is shit. Pardon my French. There's no other word to describe it. The only "tasty" food is the food that's been bathing in an oil vat for 10-15 minutes. Most of the time, the food is below temperature and stale. Anything "healthy" is just... Well, there isn't anything healthy. My living area isn't so bad. I have a roommate that is really great but living with someone is still hard because we're on two different schedules. When he wants to sleep, I have homework. When I want to sleep, he has class.

Something you should know about food and I: we're in love. Although, I don't love nasty food or junk food. I love health food. Weird. I know. But I do. I love to cook. I love to spice. My food makes me feel cheery and vibrant. When I have junk food, I get sick. (PS I'm sick now. *hint*) I feel gross and slimy and just not good.

I honestly don't know what to do about all of this. I'm weighing my options. But if I have to stay at Henderson and live on campus, I will quit school. I can't go on like this anymore. I't ridiculous. I feel like I'm in prison. I could do off-campus, but I don't have money for rent.

I could transfer. Although, I love my family at Henderson, I just can't be this sick anymore. It's exhausting.

Well, I'm done venting for now. Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. There has to be students in the same situation. Or, someone out in town that didn't want to go to college but can't afford to live on their own. Starving artists, waitresses, whatev. Just post an ad. It's lame. But, before I had a child and I was in the barracks I was going to do the same thing and try to find a roommate via ads...I know it would have worked. My two bedroom/two bathroom apartment with Melanie was only 790. Sounds expensive but split between a roommate or two, it's really not that bad. Go half-sies on food and the bills it will only be about 500 bucks...Again sounds like a lot. But if you could work in some time to work it won't be that hard to manage...Or you could get a contract marriage...I know the colleges out here offer money to pay for somethings if you get married...

    Idk, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete