Friday, November 13, 2009

Am I behind?

Just recently I noticed that a lot of my friends from high school and a few in college are getting married. Why? I don't know. But it's no longer just the couple that accidentally had a baby and got married because of it. It's also people that believe they have found their "soul mate" or eternal love. I'm not doubting that they are truly in love, I'm just wondering if I'm behind or something. I'm 19... and I thought that was young. It IS. But my friends older and younger are settling down into families and what-not. Too soon.

I have plans in life. I want to act, teach, travel, and then settle down to a family. Maybe I'm the crazy one. However, we have so much time on this Earth that can be spent making a family. (There's quite a bit.) But how much time do we have to experience the world around us? Sample food from Italy, view art at the Louvre, or feed a child in Darfur.

If you're reading this and you're married and feeling slightly (or greatly) offended, don't. If you've found the person to live with forever, more power to you. I guess I'm just trying to justify to myself that I'll be able to find love and a family before I'm too old to.

No comments:

Post a Comment